So you’re prepared when you eventually do arrive on the island of Zante, we’re going to supply you with some more information regarding the Zante airport.
Zante Airport Facts
- Airport Code: ZTH
- Location: Zakynthos, near the town of Kalamaki
- Flying Times: No fly zone between 22:00 and 05:00
- Airport Opened: 1972
- Lengths: 7,310 feet or 2,228 metres
- Facts: 6th busiest in Greece
- Zante Airport Amenities: Snack bar, Duty Free shop, Toilets and Changing Facilities, Air-conditioned, Special Assistance (provided by Swissport)
Zante airport has been recently renovated in 2008. The majority of improvements to the airport make it more spacious, more sunlight and generally more of a comfortable experience for holiday makers.
Zante Airport Problems
- Quite often airlines will only open 1 check-in desk, thus creating large queues. So be careful and it is recommended getting to the airport slightly earlier than the traditional 2 hours.
- Be careful with baggage. This goes with any destination. But if you get to the airport and you’re over your weight by 1Kg, you will be charged by the airline.
- There are a lack of seat everywhere in the airport. So you may have to stand, be prepared.
- Smoking as you can understand is permitted, so smoke before you enter the airport.
- Car parking is a slight problem at the airport, Zante is a small island so don’t expect much parking here. We’d advise getting either a taxi to the airport or one of the local buses.